Buffalo Niagara’s Leading Sign Company Since 1922
New York State’s leading woman-owned sign company providing signs to organizations, fire companies, churches; businesses large and small; education, medical, government; and general contractors and subcontractors for construction and building projects.
Mission Statement: The core purpose of Cooper Sign Company is to build upon our solid foundation of quality, professionalism and integrity in order to exceed our customers’ expectations for the design and manufacture of signs.
Core Values: Treat Our Customers with Respect ٠ Always Do The Right Thing ٠ Support our Local Community
PRESENT & FUTURE
There are some things about Cooper Sign Company that will never change such as our dedication to creativity, providing high quality signs, and the family business culture we have maintained for our customers and employees. It is important to us that we give you the service and attention you deserve.
Our scope of work includes the smallest of signs to large-scale signs and everything in between. There’s no job too small or large for us to produce for you. Our dedicated and trained staff can assist you with your sign project. Our customers include small business, financial institutions, developers, shopping centers, churches, schools, fire departments, retail chains, military and government facilities, hospitals, schools and universities, general contractors and subcontractors. “Cooper Signs Anything” was Carl Cooper’s slogan, and it is still true today that we can provide you with almost any type of sign you can imagine. Most of our signs are fabricated in America, and we employ the industry’s top digital sign imaging equipment and technology in order to design and fabricate quality signs.
Cooper Sign Company is a New York State Certified WBE (woman-owned enterprise), a New York State Certified DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise), an Erie County and City of Buffalo Certified WBE, and Federally Certified (SAM Registered) Woman Owned Small Business.
Why is WBE and DBE important? Organizations, construction projects, State and County agencies and universities who receive funding from New York State are mandated to meet MWBE diversity goals in purchasing good and services. Cooper Sign Company can assist you on New York State funded projects.
Despite the many changes since 1922, the third and fourth generation of the Cooper Family is committed to uphold the core values established by Carl and Margaret Cooper and carried on through the generations.
In a small storefront in Niagara Falls, New York, Cooper Sign Co. was established in 1922 by Carl John Cooper. He wanted to share his creativity with the community by focusing primarily on producing show cards for theaters throughout the Buffalo Niagara region.
As the company’s reputation grew under the direction of Carl and eventually his sons, Wayne and Harold, so did the range of signage work produced. In fact, Cooper Sign Co. is responsible for many signs in the Niagara Frontier that eventually became landmarks, including the pink elephant sign on Pine Avenue (pictured above), Page’s Whistle Pig sign on Military Road, and MacLeod’s LaSalle Pharmacy sign.
EXPANSION & DIVERSIFICATION
In 1996, Old Glory Flag and Banner was established to further meet the needs of our customers, who wanted a means to display what they are passionate about, whether it is the US flag, military flag, historical flag, or corporate logo. As always, we are committed to flags made here, in the United States of America.
COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY
Jennifer Cooper, President & CEO
- Active member of Niagara Community Church, Niagara Falls, NY
- Canisius College Women’s Business Center
- UB Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership Class of 2012
- Member, Niagara Military Affairs Council supporting the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Base
- Member, Town of Niagara Business Professional Association
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), past board member
- President of Niagara Wheatfield Music Parents Club, 2007-2008
- Board Member and past President of Town of Niagara Business & Professional Association, 2004-2008
- Founding Member of the Niagara Electric Lights Parade Committee
- 914th Family Support Group, supporting families of those who serve our country at the Niagara Falls Air Base
- Board Member, Northpointe Council
- Board Member & past President New York State Sign Association
- Business of the Year, Niagara USA Chamber, 2003
- Business Person of the Year, Town of Niagara Business & Professional Association, 2007
- Citizen of the Year, Town of Niagara Business & Professional Association, 2008
- Woman of Influence Award, Business First, 2008
- Key for Women Achievement Award, Key Bank, 2009
- Women in Leadership Award, 2011/2012
- NAWBO Member of the Year, 2014
John Cooper, Sr., Community Connection
Our founder and my grandfather, Carl John Cooper, set an example of community service. He served in various capacities in his church and also as Supervisor of the Ground Observer Corp. of Civil Defense in Niagara Falls, NY.
The next generation also set an example, as my father served in his church, the Gideon’s International, and also as a charter member of the Town of Niagara Lion’s Club.
So serving the community came naturally to me.
- Chairman of the Niagara Military Affairs Council
- President of Niagara Gospel Rescue Mission
- Co-founder and President of the Town of Niagara Business and Professional Association, Inc.
- Vice Chairman of the Town of Niagara Industrial Development Agency
- Member of the Local Redevelopment Authority concerning the redevelopment of the United States Army Reserve Facility which moved during BRAC 2005
- Past Chairman of the Thunder of Niagara Air Show
- Board Member, Northeast Council of Air Shows
- Past Member, Town of Wheatfield Firearms Committee
- U.S. Small Business Administration, Regional and New York State Veterans Small Business Champion, 2007
- Businessman of the Year from the Niagara USA Chamber, 2006
- Lion’s Club William Henchbarger Citizen of the Year Award, 2006
- 57th Annual Buffalo News Outstanding Citizen of the Year, 2006
- Leader of the Year Award from Leadership Niagara, 2005
- Citation from the United States Air Force Association and the State of New York Conspicuous Service Medal, Governor George Pataki, New York State Department of Military & Naval Affairs, 2005